WHAT IS CBD ISOLATE?
As the hemp industry took off, CBD Isolate was the more prolific CBD extract. A lot of that attributed to it being THC free amidst foggy legislation surrounding the legalities of it the CBD and hemp industry.
Hemp derived CBD isolate is cannabidiol in its purest form possible. Biologically broken down and stripped of impurities, isolated CBD crystals are finely ground into a white powder that contains only the chemical compound CBD.
Although relatively new in the hemp industry, as everything is, CBD isolate extraction and CBD isolate ingestion are popular with retail customers, formulators, and wholesalers.
Isolate had a wide range of applications and can be used in almost any product but being particularly popular in topicals and beverages. Isolate is often chosen for its consistency and control, and the fact that it does not impart undesirable flavor or color into the products it is added to.
HOW IS CBD ISOLATE MADE?
CBD isolate is not a synthetic or lab-created cannabinoid, it is the isolation of the plant compound CBD. This is done by refining the plants constituents out. During the process of refinement all of the plant material, oils, waxes, chlorophyll, and more are removed, leaving behind the pure form CBD.
This extraction process can be done a through a variety of methods including use of supercritical CO2. The CBD isolate extraction process produces a botanical concentrate that includes the cannabinoids, fatty acids, and other plant material found naturally in hemp plants. The CBD oil is then purified using a proprietary process to filter plant material and then winterized which is the process of cooling down the oil to remove impurities including excess waxes. This produces a 99% pure CBD Isolate.
PROS AND CONS OF CBD ISOLATE
- Contains no amount of THC for consumers who cannot consume THC
- Because it contains no THC it mitigates risk for businesses concerned with grey areas of current legislation and export laws
- Undetectable in digestible products
- CBD isolate can be heated, at a low temp, to dissolve into oils and fats, such as butter.
- CBD isolate puts the user in charge of exactly how much CBD is incorporated into any item.
- CBD Isolate does not include other cannabinoids like CBG, CBDa, CBC, and CBN
- CBD Isolate has a narrow window of efficacy and must be taken in undefined doses to be effective therapeutically making it hard to use for consumers
- CBD Isolate does not include terpenes, the compounds that create the plant’s scents have been found to add/potentiate therapeutic benefit
WHAT CAN YOU FORMULATE WITH CBD ISOLATE?
Our recommended use is compounding CBD Isolate with CBD Distillate or CBD Crude to boost total cannabinoid levels and still ensure presence of other valuable plant compounds like terpenes and other cannabinoids.
Isolate works great in any products where the consumer does not want to intake any level of THC. It is commonly found in edibles since it doesn’t impart taste or odor and is easily soluble in many commonly used oils including coconut and palm. The most effective use we have seen for Isolate has been in topicals and pain patches where the difficulties related to dosing it are not an issue.
NEED HELP FORMULATING OR HAVE QUESTIONS?
We have product formulation consultants that can help guide you through the process of product creation to ensure your desired product attributes are achieved. Contact us to discuss.
PURCHASING BULK WHOLESALE ISOLATE
If you aren’t sure how much Isolate to buy or want to negotiate pricing for larger orders, contact us to discuss. We offer smaller quantities of Isolate for product development. Our bulk wholesale Isolate can be found here.
The Hemp Collective has strategic partnerships with processors and critical support services in the hemp industry. We curate those relationships based on ensurance of,
- The highest quality CBD extracts available
- High-volume availability
- Competitive pricing and terms
- Low minimums for starting companies
- Consistency of product between orders
- A commitment to serving the industry